raising a nudist family in USA nudist story Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 24, 2013 at 01:45 PM

i have been wondering since theĀ USA have so many laws to protect kids, how they behave, talk, interact with kids their ge at their school, if anyone has an advise on how to raise nudist kids without getting into trouble with police, family, friends, many people still dont understand what naturism is all about, i seen some friend's kids getting lectured by getting nude in wrong places, like school, public waterparks, etc
    thanks in advance
  • 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2017 at 01:03 PM

A lot of it is playing it by ear, making judgement calls and using common sense.  And talking about it.

When my daughter got out of diapers, and she started spending a lot of time naked with me at home, I wrestled with some misgivings about it.  I discussed quitting with my wife, but she actually supported me in keeping things nudist.

As time went on my wife became a home-nudist herself - being that her husband and child were often nude at home, she just started joining us.  And it eventually got to where we spent most of our time together at home naked.

Realizing that we had become a full-fledged nudist family, we again had a conversation about it.  So we decided to ONLY tell people we knew for a fact could handle the news.  We also had a chat with our daughter about not sharing our "naked time" with the rest of the world.  There were some slip-ups, but with no dramatic consequences.

We weren't totally secretive, we were just VERY selective about the information we shared.

As a result we enjoyed a rather peaceful nudist life, with resort trips and nudist friends.  With no legal or otherwise detrimental issues.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2016 at 02:12 PM

Quoting houdini7:

Sadly, this is not going to happen in the USA anytime soon. Mostly because there are too many sick & perverted people in this country. With so many predators & child abductions, most people with children will never understand or trust nudists. They still see us as "pervs" that cannot be trusted. Secondly, 95% of americans equate nudity with sex. That is not going to change unless someone knows a method for mass mind manipulation. Most people think of nudity as dirty & raise their families that way. So sadly, we TRUE nudists will have to go to resorts or beaches to enjoy this lifestyle.

reply is from NudistTed2

It's sad to see how you view nudist..... I, myself, do not believe you are using real statistics. There are many many nudist who do not fit your descriptions or into your statistics. Most nudist are not perverts. Most have many traditional family values. I truely believe you are wrong in your assesment.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Here is my opinion, and that is all it should be taken as:

(1.) Establish what is "normal" for your family.

(2.) Teach your children about privacy and confidentiality.  Explain the terms and get the children to explain them back to you.

(3.) Teach about the concepts of trust and loyalty.

(4.) Practice with other subjects, like what your family does in the evenings or on weekends.  I mention these things because even keep FAMILY TRAVELS a "secret" can be important these days (i.e. not sharing to much personal information on Social Media websites, and getting your home robbed while your family is away.)

(5.) Even sharing family travels with neighbors and friends on Social Media can be risky due to the potential of "hackers" and website security being compromised.  It is better to discuss confidential plans with trusted people in person, rather than online.

(6.) Teaching about diversity and "differences of opinion" can help young people learn how facts get interpreted by those around us, by family, by teachers and by people such as social workers and judges.

(7.) For older children, teaching about the BASICS of community law and social responsibility may be included, and explain how sometimes it is necessary for a judge to decide who is right and who is wrong - WHEN facts are presented to them.  This can also then be tied in with the earlier lessons on confidentiality and trust, and how other people in life must FIND FACTS rather then being GIVEN INFORMATION voluntarily by us.

(8.) Never bring people outside the family into your circle of trust without their complete commitment, and of course including the parents of children's friends IF that applies to your situation.

(9.) Every person included in the practices of social nudism should understand them as well as you do, should agree with them, and should be positioned to defend them as well as you do IF ever called upon to do it.

(10.) Know what is legal in your city, state or country and HOW the laws may impact ANY activity you get involved with.

This is important stuff, but as I wrote above these are only my opinions.  Feel free to add to them, take away from them, re-write them, save them and reprint them anywhere you want and in whatever format you wish.  They are opinions but they may help SOME in thinking through the issue and coming to their own understanding of the social environment and how it applies to their own family situation.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 19, 2014 at 04:32 PM

Sadly, this is not going to happen in the USA anytime soon. Mostly because there are too many sick & perverted people in this country. With so many predators & child abductions, most people with children will never understand or trust nudists. They still see us as "pervs" that cannot be trusted. Secondly, 95% of americans equate nudity with sex. That is not going to change unless someone knows a method for mass mind manipulation. Most people think of nudity as dirty & raise their families that way. So sadly, we TRUE nudists will have to go to resorts or beaches to enjoy this lifestyle.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 02, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I'd like advice for me and my son as well

Follow - email me when people comment
© Hippiehollowfriends.com powered by NudistFriends.com 2001 - 2017. All rights reserved.
m.NudistFriends.com