What is the purpose of nudism? Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 08, 2005 at 11:45 AM

This is my first time in a setting like this, I mean a forum. I want to throw this question out there and see what you people think: What is the purpose of nudism?

According to two conflicting points of view, religion and evolution, there is an explanation for wearing clothes. One says that we do so becasue we are ashamed not to and the other because we have become adept to it (evolved)after we found that clothing keeps us warm and that it protects us. And so we wear clothes.
    If this is true, I was wondering then, why do we not wear clothes? Is it the offset in normality that we enjoy when we take off our clothing, or is it the erotic idea? Why is something different when we take off our clothes?
    I have heard that it is because of the much-called-for "returning to nature" ideal, but if this is true, why don't we do the natural thing that men and women of civilized society have been doing for thousands of years: to wear clothes?
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2014 at 07:54 AM

For me it is a natural state. Yes we need clothes to keep warm outdoors but indoors no.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2014 at 08:00 PM

For me personally, it's a a way to keep myself feeling "normal"
    I do get a "High" from doing it, but that "high" keeps me sane.
    It's behavioral, a reaction to medication and a personal desire to keep "normal"

I go to nudist resorts, sometimes but I have some land where I can be naked and no one will care.

• View author's info Posted on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM

FREEDOM

• View author's info Posted on Jun 21, 2011 at 05:30 PM

I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all answer. People have all sorts of reasons for going naked. I think there's no shortage of exhibitionists among the nudist/naturists community (I'd happily admit to possessing a streak of exhibitionism myself) and I think it can be liberating for many people to be naked in public, as well as the joy of feeling the sun on your skin where it normally never reaches.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2006 at 06:13 AM

Just to confuse you all, the laws relating to public nudity in New Zealand were put to the test a short time ago. Two men were charged with an act of indecency by being nude in a public place. The magistrate declared that they were not committing an act as nudity is a state of being. To rub salt into the wound, he also noted that, as the mens' wives were not charged, the law was also disciminatory. A precedent was set! Ergo - being nude requires no explanation nor justification. In the appropriate situation ie. beach,h ot day etc should it not be for the textiles to explain why they are clothed?
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 16, 2006 at 02:01 PM

Deciding to take off your clothes and socialize with other people takes a willful effort to question the traditions a person has been raised to believe. Just like deciding to go into the house of worship of another religion and listen to what the minister/rabbi/other_leader has to say.

You have to think what will be different if I am naked? What might I learn from the experience? Will it challenge me to accept someone's different background? ...appearance? ...ideas?

And the bigger question of, 'Do I care enough about what people think OF ME to make the effort to connect with them?'

Nudism not simply about having fun in the sun, putting on tons of sunscreen and getting to admire beautiful women or handsome/sexy men. Its about being human, sharing an experience and connecting with people who are willing to do the same - or who were also willing to question traditions and ask themselves, 'Do I really need clothing to make me who I am?' If it feels good to go without clothing (i.e. if the weather is right, and the people are accepting), then we ALL should be able to do it. It should not matter how old you are, how young you are, or what color your skin is naturally.

If you've ever seen a naked toddler playing near the edge of an ocean and IMMEDIATELY thought, 'Someone needs to put clothes on that kid!', then chances are you simply will not understand why people choose to try nudism.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 13, 2005 at 10:23 PM

May I recommend the Naturist Christian website? I just looked it up; might be of interest.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 26, 2005 at 08:43 PM

The question is,do you feel comfortable with no clothes or uncomfortable?If you feel that being nude is the natural way that you should be,why have other people make that decision for you?Isn't better to do what you know is right and true than to give in to what society thinks?As long as you're not hurting anybody in your beliefs then by all means go and persue them.Who's anyone to say what is right and what is wrong?Be Nude!
    The question is,do you feel comfortable with no clothes or uncomfortable?If you feel that being nude is the natural way that you should be,why have other people make that decision for you?Isn't better to do what you know is right and true than to give in to what society thinks?As long as you're not hurting anybody in your beliefs then by all means go and persue them.Who's anyone to say what is right and what is wrong?Be Nude!
Follow - email me when people comment
© Hippiehollowfriends.com powered by NudistFriends.com 2001 - 2017. All rights reserved.
m.NudistFriends.com