Central Coast nude beaches California Sun bums Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 15, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Anyone have any good "outdoor nude spots" in SLO county they would like to share? Go to Pirates Cove often, but are looking for something new. Have read of people going nude at San Simeon, Montana De Oro, and the dunes at Oso Flaco lake, anyone been? Would like to experience Gaviota, but am weary of S.B. county, don't want any trouble. Any inland nude spots like rivers or lakes or such? We are a fun loving family that love to play outdoors in the buff. Would love to meet other families in the area to have "au natural" fun with.
  • 17Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 13, 2013 at 07:50 PM

Made my first trip to a nude beach today and visited Piraters cove.  It is still a quiet little nude beach.  Mostly men that I could tell, I only went part way down the beach.  Was a nice miiddle age couple that set up next to me.  I only stayed an hour or so.  Hope to stay longer next time, when I have a little more color.  All in all a nice experience.

• View author's info Posted on Jul 17, 2012 at 03:13 PM

I recently enjoyed an early morning hike along the beach at San Simeon. I've even got photos and video of it on my personal (non-commerical) website which you can find if you do a Google search for "naked hiker san simeon". (Showed up as the very top listing when I just tried it.)
    Anyway, there were a few other folks out there at the time and nobody seemed to mind seeing a naked guy walking along the beach. It was a beautiful and relaxing naked hike on a Central CA coast beach!
    Have attached a photo of me on this hike.
    Cliff

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 02, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I didn't think there were any beaches on the Central Coast.
    I usually hang out with friends in the Bay area, or in Monterey, which has more remote beaches.
    How is the gender balance in SLO? Is it all guys with beer guts? (pun intended)
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 10, 2011 at 02:29 AM

4 mile beach is nice and bonny doon is beautiful..see you there?
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Gaviota - latest report is that rangers are not bothering nude beach users. Here's the details:

The nude portion is south of Gaviota State Park and can be accessed via two parking areas. The first area is just south of the Mariposa Reina interchange and is a small dirt lot on the side of southbound 101. The second parking area is also along the southbound 101 but a bit further south. After parking here, one crosses the railroad tracks and takes the short trail to the beach. The nude area is to the north. Gaviota doesn't normally get as many visitors as More Mesa, but its also a very nice beach. There were probably an average of 50 people there each day, most of them nude. The gays tend to congregate at the very northern end, while everyone else tends to remain further south. Gaviota also gets 5 stars!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 30, 2010 at 09:38 AM

The county purchased the property about a year ago and has done nothing to disruped it. Seeing as the county is not much better off than most government entities, it would most likely be a while before they would have the money and\or resources to develop the area to make it ADA compliant and such. Let's enjoy the hell out of it as long as we can. If the county does deside to stop the clothing optional nature of the beach we must do all we can to make a stand and try to save the nude beach.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2010 at 03:14 PM

looking for an update on Pirates cove in SLO. Last heard the ounty was taking it over. Any news?
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 05, 2009 at 11:40 AM

if you get this message, it now being November...where do you go to beaches in Santa Cruz area? Kathy

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 15, 2009 at 10:07 AM

there seem to be a lot of beaches that you can go nude on around santa cruz if your ever up that way
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2009 at 09:03 AM

No, I haven't been however Richard who lives near me says that we should do an over night trip to see it. It is over 3 hours drive for us. I just got back from living in Italy and looking for friends in central area. Keep in touch. I am like you...not looking for anything but friendship!!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Any updates on Pirates Cove? We would like to go for the first time this spring.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2008 at 01:47 PM

Pirates Cove's days may be numbered for nudist to enjoy. A recent article states SLO County Parks is negotiating with the private owner to take the small beach under their control. First on the agenda is replacing the path down to the beach with stairs for easier access so "families" may enjoy the beach and there will be NO nudist welcomed. Also the stairs will make it easier for SLO County Park rangers to access the beach to cite anyone trying to go nude.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 10, 2008 at 09:48 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I have always wondered about Paradise.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 07, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Woow, sounds great!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2007 at 07:09 PM

I haven't been to the Gaviota one, but there's always alot of cars there, so I'm assuming there hasn't any problems with the. Pirates was in the news a few times this year, but it's still pretty nice. Aside from these I haven't heard of any other places around here.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 28, 2007 at 04:54 PM

Yeah, ya' pretty much pays your money and ya' takes your chances in Santa Barbara (and unfortunately a lot of other areas and states [red and/or blue - these days], specially with John Q. Law (i.e. The Shareef's(sic) Department), like they don't have more important things to do!

No matter which way you look at it (no pun intended) nothing, I REPEAT NO - THING is like it used to be, back in the hey-days, and the days of innocence (specially in California)...

Pretty much the best areas are unfortunately the best known, and I do not like HAVE TO BEING so I-solated that I (or my companions) do not feel safe...or have to make it a "federal" production...just to (remember) ENJOY freakin' NATURE...

I have heard and read that there are certain areas in The Los Padres (@ Paradise) that you can get far enough away that you can "sans" suits & clothing, but you are still "always (unfortunately) taking the chance...and for my "money" FEELING COMFORTABLE AND SAFE (like away from any _ _ sholes [clothed OR NOT, with "stinkin' badges OR NOT] is just as important as getting a tan, where the sun don't normally shine...

and remember that FREEDOM is just another word - for nothin' left to loose...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2007 at 04:08 AM

Hi I am familiar with 2 beaches in Santa Barbra county, Gaviota and More Mesa. I have been to Gaviota many times with no hassles from the SB sherriff or anyone for that matter, to me it has always seemed isolated that way. If I had a family though I would take them to More Mesa over Gaviota any day, even though it is probably another half hour further. More Mesa lies just south of UCSB, email me for specific directions if needed. There are alot of beach walkers at MM much more than Gaviota, but there is a distinct line in the sand so to speak and again, even though your still basically right in SB, there is never any hassle . Of course you can get kicked out of an English soccer match if you make too much of an ass of yourself and that applies to this type of situation too. People who are there to enjoy the sun sand and surf sans sytnthetics usually know how to behave, but........
Follow - email me when people comment
© Hippiehollowfriends.com powered by NudistFriends.com 2001 - 2017. All rights reserved.
m.NudistFriends.com